Rapid Work Instruction
EASILY CREATE INTERACTIVE 3D WORK INSTRUCTIONS
Are you ensuring that operations run smoothly and that assembly is completed correctly and on time?
Do you face major challenges trying to communicate complex procedures to workers in remote facilities and ensure safety?
Do you find that traditional methods just don’t work,cause endless rework and are laborious, costly and error-prone?
Cortona3D Rapid Work Instruction is the first ‘out of the box’ toolkit for fast and easy production of digital interactive work instructions, job cards and assembly instructions. Rapid Work Instruction re-uses content direct from engineering CAD enabling the Manufacturing Engineer to quickly create the M-BOM and Bill of Process. Multiple types of information can be combined and accessed including CAD drawings, E-BOM and M-BOM, 3D models, data sheets, library parts, health and safety information, photos, etc. to ensure the work is completed quickly, correctly and safely every time.
Incorporating 3D animations ensures assembly workers, even in 3D-Party or off-shore locations, know what to do and how to do it – a visual explanation delivered in a work instruction saves time and increases effectiveness.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Single Authoring Tool to produce Work Instruction
- Cut costs. Reduce total cost of ownership
- Improve Quality of Work Instructions
- Reduce End-User training time
- Easy and cost effective web based distribution
CREATE 3D WORK INSTRUCTIONS IN MINUTES
RapidWorkInstruction provides an easy to use, intuitive framework that allows authors to easily create interactive work instructions, with the ability to link E-BOM and M-BOM, 3D animations and associated text simultaneously.
1. Select the parts in either the Cortona3D viewer or from the parts list – easily reorganise into the M-BOM
2. Enter pre-requisite information, healthy and safety information and choose an action from an easily extendable library of animation actions such as: “Install”, ‘loosen/tighten’, ‘disconnect/connect’
3. Timelines, actions and viewpoints are easily created
4. Preview the work instruction prior to approval
5. Publish the finished work instruction as a stand-alone document or integrate into a Manufacturing Execution System
WHAT’S THE RESULT?
More visual, more effective work instructions, job cards, assembly instructions that save time and money for manufacturing, servicing, repairs, and delivers a better ‘total product’.
HOW IT WORKS – ‘VISUAL KNOW-HOW’ FOR PRODUCT DOCUMENTATION
- Navigate the product, parts and assemblies
- Rotate, zoom and view from different angles
- Play, pause and skip through simulation to gain an intuitive understanding of the procedure
- Textual description of procedural step is highlighted as animation is played