Siemens Digital Industries Software partners with Siemens Energy to simulate next generation of energy systems
Siemens Energy can use Simcenter STAR-CCM+ software to visualize metal temperatures in a turbine blade, predicted using conjugate heat transfer simulation.
“Siemens Digital Industries Software and the Generation Division of Siemens Energy share more than the name Siemens – we are both committed to pushing the boundaries of technology to more efficiently deliver the most reliable solutions to our customers,” said Jean-Claude Ercolanelli, Senior Vice President of Simulation and Test Solutions, Siemens Digital Industries Software. “We thank Siemens Energy for selecting Simcenter, part of the Xcelerator portfolio, as their simulation platform as they develop the next generation of sustainable, reliable and affordable energy systems.” Read more…
Continuous Release of NX Software – Siemens Digital Industries Software continues to deliver its NX software products using a Continuous Release methodology. This delivery model gives our customers significantly faster access to new enhancements and quality improvements, while reducing the efforts needed to effectively deploy NX. Siemens is the first major CAD/CAM/CAE vendor to deliver products in this way. In a nutshell, this approach allows users to receive functional enhancements faster to help boost productivity, helping optimize on new ideas and trends. (As opposed to waiting up to 24 months between enhancements.) Watch this video (less than 2-minutes) for more information on Continuous Release of NX software. Watch the video.
NX Design Community – connect with one another, discover, and share information. Siemens Digital Industries Software has a public online community for our prospects, customers, and Partners. The goal is of the NX Design Community is to provide easy access to information about our products, and to facilitate their adoption and use. The community provides a place where customers can connect with one another, discover, and share ideas, tips and tricks, and other information. The Siemens community is completely open and completely free. Anyone can browse and sort through the wide variety of content available. Visit and bookmark the NX Design Forum Now
Are you up-to-speed on “Generative Design”? Compressed schedules often force engineers to choose the first feasible design option. Generative design empowers you to identify the best design sooner while reducing the number of iterations needed. Generative software runs through more design possibilities than a human is able to, allowing the designer to pick the best of these. The designer first supplies the necessary design space (or bounding volume) and design goals (such as minimizing weight) together with values for non-geometric parameters such as material and cost constraints. Software algorithms then automatically cycle through numerous geometric model permutations seeking the optimum solution. Read how NX generative design is like having ‘extra’ employees create optimized designs.
Additive Manufacturing part design free on-demand webinar. This free 30-minute webinar, titled Industrializing Additive Manufacturing through Innovations in Part Design, takes a deeper dive into how Siemens is meeting this challenge on the design software side.
- Learn how you can make the most of additive manufacturing by designing parts specifically for this manufacturing method
- Find out how a tightly integrated system reduces the complexity of the additive manufacturing process
- Understand how new technologies like lattice structures and topology optimization can be used to maximize the efficiency of products
- Learn how design knowledge built-in to software can help you create designs that can be printed properly with first-time quality
Register and watch this interesting webinar on how you and your company can realize the potential of additive manufacturing. Watch the Webinar
It’s time to Automate your Manufacturing Process with Teamcenter and Simcenter in IMHE Industry – Read our blogs
Reach an optimal heavy equipment thermal management using 1D/3D co-simulation
Regardless of harsh conditions (temperature variation and dirty environment), operators from the agricultural, mining and construction fields always rely on their heavy equipment to accomplish their work. To reduce downtime and safety risks, powertrain management systems must be robust in both high and cold temperature conditions. Read more…
Component repair with additive manufacturing
Repair, after a product or facility is created, it is one of the greatest costs of operation after labor. It makes sense, any expense that results in regained operation is an easy decision so long as it costs less than a new system. But for consumable parts, this can become a significant cost to operation. Read more…
DDS May 2021 Events Calendar
You can save up to 30% of the time to reduce mistakes and errors during the APQP process on 12 May 2021 at 11 AM and 21 May 2021 at 3 PM
In this webinar, we show you how Smart APQP helps to optimize manufacturing supply chain initiatives. Organizations within automotive, aerospace and other engineering segments leverage our expertise to validate, manage, and improve their current processes.
Smart APQP Key Features are:
- Smart APQP facilitates Teamwork environments to share information and documents within the organization as per the defined access control.
- Smart APQP have project-based Document library to maintaining all documents and forms in single clicks with version control and status
- APQP methodology-based Project Management helps to manage manual apqp process with email escalation, to-do list, project chat, plan vs actual, Gantt chant, and more.
- Make Hassle-free FMEA and Control Plan with Smart APQP to reduce mistakes, error, and time.
- Analytics reports help to improve the process day by day.
Next Generation Design for Heavy Equipment using NX – Webinar on 17 May 2021 at 11 AM to 12 PM
- Reduce weight and cost at the same time with advanced design and manufacturing techniques.
- Streamline the design of modern connected machines with an integrated electromechanical design solution.
- Evaluate trade-offs and refine your designs early on with integrated validation and simulation tools.
Hot Forging :- Optimum billet size in simulation driven forging Webinar on 15 May 2021 at 4:30 PM to 5 PM
As we all know that selection of billet size is one of the most important area during the development of forging part and it play a significant role in making the first trial successful.
Impact of Billet selection on Forging are as follows:
- Variation of Forging Load
- Pattern of Flash area.
- No of stages to forge the component.
- Defects like lap and crack in some cases.
- Die failure issues.
In some cases, press may go to breakdown due to selection of wrong billet. So, in the meeting we will discuss about “selection of billet in simulation driven forging”.
Teamcenter – Why it’s Better for Engineers and Designers – Webinar on 24 May 2021 at 03 PM to 04 PM
- What is Teamcenter and why do we need it?
- Building product structure in Structure Manager.
- Workflow Management.
- Finding and organizing data.
- Teamcenter reports.
- Teamcenter Integration with CAD Software’s.
Noise and Vibration engineering using Simcenter – Webinar on 28 May 2021 at 3 PM to 4 PM
- How to address all critical system characteristics by integrating simulation disciplines and physics for balancing attributes.
- How to make models evolve over time to remain in sync with the product and its operating environment.
- How to apply analytics and multi-discipline design exploration to discover better designs, faster and with more confidence.
- How to deliver multi-fidelity digital twins for rapid sign-off on optimal systems architectures for required performance.
Exciting offers on Solid Edge 2021: A Complete Product Development Portfolio
Solid Edge 2021 provides the speed you need to get the most out of your entire engineering process—maximizing your productivity while decreasing your costs. Know more…
Exciting Offers on Solid Edge Software
- SE Classic licenses
- SE Foundation licenses
- SE Premium Licenses
Exciting Budgetary offers on NX Bundles:
- NX CAD Basic bundle
- NX CAD/CAM Bundle
- NX Mold Design Bundle
- NX Reverse Engineering Bundle