NX CAM VOLUMILL
VoluMill adds to the value of NX CAM. It adds toolpath options that NX CAM does not provide as standard, toolpaths specifically engineered to remove material quickly and efficiently while better preparing the part for finishing with NX CAM’s toolpaths.
VoluMill NX Edition looks and runs like native NX CAM modules; it is well integrated and NX CAM and CAM Express users will find it easy to adopt and use.
VoluMill is perfect for the airframe, automotive, mold & die, medical, machinery component, and consumer-products markets, for all roughing needs on free-form or prismatic parts.
- Complete hog-outs, cores, cavities
- Multiple or individual pockets, steps, channels, slots, notches etc.
VoluMill’s constant material removal rates enable machine tools and cutting tools to operate under ideal milling conditions throughout, regardless of a part’s shape or complexity. Rough milling performance is significantly increased in all materials, from aluminum, to titanium, to exotics.
Generating science-based toolpaths with VoluMill is fast and simple. There are minimal mouse clicks required, and very few decisions to make, yet you remain in full control. Whether you want to rough an entire part with a single toolpath, or you need to follow a precise material removal plan, VoluMill works with you to get your job done quickly and reliably.
VoluMill has now gained integration with the powerful Siemens NX PLM suite of products. This integration complements the advanced capabilities already found in NX CAM software, adding to it an ultra-high-performance toolpath engine. It adds toolpath options that NX CAM does not provide as standard, tool paths specifically engineered to remove material quickly and efficiently while better preparing the part for finishing with NX CAM’s tool paths.
VoluMill for NX looks and runs like native NX CAM modules; it is well integrated and NX CAM and CAM Express users will find it easy to adopt and use.Despite its ease of use, VoluMill for Siemens NX CAM and CAM Express adds an array of benefits to your NX suite including:
- Removes material faster, with reduced tool wear, than general-purpose roughing tool paths.
- Optimally prepares the part for finishing, achieving a nearer-to-net shape in less time and with fewer cutting tools.
- Significantly decreases rough milling cycle times
- Significantly increases cutting-tool life
- Enables the use of smaller diameter, less expensive, more widely applicable cutting tools
- Minimal learning curve – tightly integrated into NX CAM, utilizing native dialogs and parameters
- Manipulate, verify and post process just like native NX CAM toolpaths
- Effective with ANY part geometry, ANY material, ANY machine tool, ANY cutting tool.
VoluMill is the fastest, most cost effective method of bulk-material removal for all non-finishing milling operations. Whether milling from the insideout, outside-in, top-to-bottom, or bottom-to-top, whether roughing a part completely in a single operation, or strategically machining specific features, VoluMill is the best tool for the job.