Technical publication tools play an essential role in the product lifecycle
Documents can be expensive to produce, and have a long life – sometimes longer than the products they describe – and can be very complex, even having to meet stringent standards in some industries. Done right, documents can be very profitable, especially when they support the service business.
If you’re not familiar with RapidAuthor for Teamcenter, you should check it out. This suite of authoring and illustration applications enables the reuse of CAD data and PLM XML as document content for parts catalogs, manual procedures, and training guides. It’s the ultimate in reuse! RapidAuthor provides optimized authoring for each document type, and you can generate traditional PDF or HTML content with 2D illustrations as well as interactive 2D/3D and text documents which can be viewed in the accompanying free viewer or HTML5. Customers have reported time savings in the technical authoring of between 40 and 80%.
RapidAuthor 11.1 comes with a significant number of enhancements, including:
- New specifications for S1000D 4.1 data module type and learning components, as well as new publishing options for S1000D content
- Authoring and illustrating options provide more granular control of thrust lines, callouts, surface edges, viewpoints and more
- The 2D Editor includes more precise controls for moving, scaling and rotating objects, managing callouts, and additional editing controls on layers
- Help is now localized into German, French, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese
- Support for new CAD formats: Solid Edge 2019, Solidworks 2019, Parasolid V31, Autodesk Inventor 2019, Revit 2019, JT Import 10.2, Autodesk FBX – all binary versions and ASCII data 7100 – 7400.