Take Control of your Design Data with Teamcenter PLM
Teamcenter software’s document management solution enables knowledge workers using applications from CAD to Microsoft Office and everything in between to directly participate and contribute to the product lifecycle. Authors of spreadsheets, documents, presentations, diagrams and projects can interact with your product lifecycle management (PLM) environment from within their application of choice. Their involvement in this environment facilitates their contributions and enables supporting documents to be managed alongside engineering and manufacturing product information. Authors can use that product information within their documents and participate in multiple product-related processes. Teamcenter document management capabilities facilitate the standardization and management of documents and document processes, thereby enabling greater productivity and reduced cycle time in the product lifecycle.
Higher Value from product data for Product document
- Document Management Challenges
- Document authors disconnected from product data and lifecycle.
- Inability to assess and easily incorporate product changes in documents.
- High cost and time to author, manage and publish complex product documents.
Transparent PLM with Microsoft Office
Empower all knowledge workers
Microsoft Office interface
- Managed bi-directional data exchange between Teamcenter and Office documents
- Standardized template usage based on document types
- Embedded Office-centric Teamcenter interface
- Synchronization of MS Outlook tasks with PLM tasks
Full repository management
- Access and security management by document types, states, user roles, groups and individuals
- Animated and ad hoc workflow
- Change management of versions (releases) and sequences (interimedits)
- Support for derived document relationships (where-used)
- Full metadata and full text search
- Saved and ad hoc queries
- Ability to easily search and add JT format and other graphic conventions directly into your documentation
- Markup management for simultaneous reviews
- Configurable lifecycle states to control release at different document stages
Ease of use
- Embedded Teamcenter tab in MS Office applications
- Automatic rendering to PDF and other neutral formats
- Batch printing with watermarks and stamps
- Graphic workflow development and viewing
Advanced Authoring and publishing
- Active Workspace for intuitive browser-based interface
- Digital signatures for authentication on the page and the Teamcenter object
- Management and merging of cover pages to generate complete Documents.
- Improve productivity by establishing standards for document authoring/ collaboration and enabling key information (including document content and properties) to be exchanged and directly leveraged with Teamcenter.
- Accelerate time-to-market by leveraging CAD and Microsoft Office tools to rapidly author/produce documents directly to and from Teamcenter.
- Improve compliance by using templates to ensure that documents conform to required structure and content.
- Improve product launch success by leveraging a single source of product knowledge that facilitates concurrent engineering and aligned launch activity.
- Reduce document confusion by leveraging a single source for secure document authoring, review and access.
- Improve accuracy by linking all engineering and document teams.
- Improve quality by enabling product and document changes to be planned and verified.